Hello. My name is Liesel Wessels. I am a Christian Artist, based in a little city called Bloemfontein, that is situated in the heart of South Africa. I specialize in contemporary realistic portrait drawings and paintings. I work mostly with mediums like Pencil, Charcoal, and Oil Paints.
My work deals with subject matters like self-believe, and identity, especially regarding my daily battle as a Christian to realign myself to God's word. It is also about the identity of being a child of God, in contrast to the world's view of what is perfect and normal.
I have art collectors all over South Africa, as well as overseas. Created a wide variety of portrait commissions for customers from baby to wedding couple portraits.
Click Here... If you would like to learn more about the inspiration behind my artworks and other cool art-related articles.
- 2002 | Private Art Classes @Ernst de Jongh Academy, Pretoria
- 2003 - 2006 | BA Fine Arts (UFS)
- Various Art Workshops with a wide variety of Artists
- 2017 WOW of FAF @Tredenham Boutique Hotel
- 2017 Best of Bloem Exhibition @Kotze Art Gallery
- 2015 Free State Art in the Park
- 2012 Bellringer Group Exhibition
- 2007 CED Group Exhibition
- 2004 Free State Ceramic Exhibition
Various other small and student exhibitions
Awards & Achievements:
- Two Artworks selected for 2017 Best of Bloem Exhibition
- 3 Ceramic Pieces selected for 2004 Free State Ceramic Exhibition